Sunday, March 6, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday (3)


Thanks for such the warm invites to my first SSS post last week. I hope to hop around to more blogs this period and make some comments. Return to SSS for the entrants.

Here is this week's six:

--

A stiletto came down at Falistar and Valence’s knife left his hand. It cut the dust cleanly, but soared through the black apparition.

Valence leapt. The stiletto sunk into Falistar’s neck, the skin bursting like a stretched bed sheet. Blood sprayed through the apparition’s body and it detached. It assumed a gassy form as Valence tried to tackle it, and was gone.

--

Peace and Writing Love,

JWP

9 comments:

  1. I love great fight scenes! Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sizzle and pop! Great choreography. Vivid fight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have great description, and I will never look at my bedsheets again.

    Great Six!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, Taryn had the right word--choreography--it was great. Loved the sheet analogy too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes. I knew stilettos were deadly, but I only considered my own ankles. (har har)

    Kidding aside, very vivid six, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The comparison to a stretched bedsheet ... LOVED it

    ReplyDelete

"Little by Little, One Goes Far." -- J.R.R Tolkien.

I believe this as a philosophy, from a man who saw war and setback, and conquered all to bring us the greatest fantasy series that has ever been published. Leave your little comment and I'll get back to you.