Friday, February 18, 2011

Announcements!

So yesterday was an exciting day for two reasons:

First, my new portfolio website went live. I worked a hard two weeks to make it run smoothly and get the transitions perfect. Click below to visit my portfolio. Spread the word: I love freelancing!



The other magnificent thing that happened is my good friend, Claire Legrand, was signed by a literary agent. Yes, the confetti was pouring down when I heard her news. She has a blog by wordpress, Builder of Worlds. She impressed Agent Diana Fox enough to sign her for her MG manuscript.

Now if all the celebratory stuff wasn't enough, Claire also might have impressed Ms. Fox with her adult fantasy series as well. Although Claire made it clear that Fox wanted her MG to come first.

How often does that happen? Impressing an agent with two different manuscripts of different genres? I was fortunate enough to beta the first manuscript in Claire's fantasy series, and by golly, I cannot wait until I also see that in print.

Visit Claire and wish her congratulations. She still in a severe state of elation, so be gentle.

That's all for now.

Peace and Writing Love,

JWP

8 comments:

  1. Hee. Thank you so much for this shoutout, Justin! :D And here's to a long writerly friendship and many, many of our books on the shelves! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! congrats on your site launch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! Congrats on you new site, Justin and good luck!

    Congrats to Claire as well. Great news.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice WORK!

    I really like you site.... GOOD LUCK!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, also -- the site does look GREAT, Justin! :D I know I told you that earlier when we were chatting, but now I made it OFFICIAL, in blog form. Haha. ;) Very impressive work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome for both of you! Congratulations on your launch and your friend's extraordinary good fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the website and extra congrats to your friend! Welcome to blu lol!

    ReplyDelete

"Little by Little, One Goes Far." -- J.R.R Tolkien.

I believe this as a philosophy, from a man who saw war and setback, and conquered all to bring us the greatest fantasy series that has ever been published. Leave your little comment and I'll get back to you.