Please be here tomorrow, as early as you wish, and post your entry for the Hook, Line & Sinker Blogfest. Here again is your link to the sign-up sheet. Please, spread that last minute news around the blogiverse. I want more participants. Nom-Nom!
To remind participants:
You are to post 1000 words (a little more won't kill us), from the opening of any manuscript you have written. If that's the prologue, then post it. If that's chapter one, post it. We don't discriminate. If you do find your entry exceeding 1000 words, please leave a nice little reminder in the entry that it is longer than requested. Courtesy goes a long way.
The object of this blogfest is to see if you have established that hook agents and editors curse and hoot about. When you are leaving a comment, please be as constructive as you possibly can. This is a special blogfest and any of the comments left on the entries will only benefit this most crucial part of any writer's manuscript.
Things to ask yourself:
- Who is the character I am relating to?
- Does he/she have a personality that I crave to read?
- Is the world around them set up to compliment the character as they are introduced?
- Are there secondary characters to assist the hook along, with conflict or pace?
- Lastly: do I love the character? Do I want to read more about him/her?
I hope we all find our entries successful and I look forward to reading them all! See you tomorrow bright and early!
Peace and Writing Love,